You can use the Hyperlink component to create an image map. This method does not require that you slice the image. Instead, you upload the entire image and use a separate Hyperlink component for each clickable area.
Add the Background Image
- Drag the image from your desktop and drop it on the canvas.
- The image will be uploaded and placed on the canvas.
- This will make it easier to place other components on top of the image.
Repeat these steps for each “clickable area” of the image:
- Drag a hyperlink component from the Palette and drop it on top of a “clickable area” of the image.
- Resize the hyperlink to cover the entire clickable area.
- Right-click the hyperlink and choose Remove Styles from the context menu to quickly clear its appearance settings.
- Double-click the hyperlink and clear the text inside.
- Clearing the text and appearance settings makes the hyperlink invisible, but it can still be clicked.