ProtoShare for Google Drive allows Slack users to directly share designs to channels and groups. Posts to Slack include a screenshot as well as a link to open the design. Configuring the integration to Slack is quick and easy.
Connecting to Slack
- From ProtoShare for Google Drive, click the Share menu and then Add to Slack. [The share menu will only be visible from saved designs.]
- In the popup window, review the application permissions and then click Authorize. ProtoShare for Google Drive requires the ability to post Slack messages as you, as well as upload files [Screenshots].
Posting to Slack
After connecting to slack, you’re now ready to post designs to channels and groups.
- In the Share menu, click Post to Slack.
- The window shown allows you to select the channel or group you would like to post your design to. You can also set your design to be publicly readable, if not already. When your design is private, only those users that have been given explicit access to the file can open and view it. Publicly accessible files can be opened by anyone that has the specific link.
- Click the Share button to post to Slack.